Corfix is one of Canada’s fastest growing SaaS companies in the construction tech space, specializing in jobsite management with an emphasis on safety and compliance documentation and organizational efficiency, including timekeeping. Corfix is designed for companies of all sizes who are cognizant of the need to utilize new technologies in running their business as effectively and profitably as possible. Corfix is a mobile app used on the jobsite by construction workers to manage day-to-day tasks and provide high-level oversight.
At Corfix, we want to help you take your career to the next level. You’ll be part of a supportive and collaborative team working to create lifelong customers. An Intermediate Software Developer will play an imperative role supporting this goal by contributing to the successful development and delivery of high-quality software products.
We are an Ottawa-based company but this role is remote and open to candidates based in Canada. This is a full-time position.
About the Role
As an Intermediate Software Developer, you will be responsible for developing software solutions that meet our clients’ needs. You will be part of a team that works collaboratively to design, develop, and implement software applications. This is a remote position, but on occasion in-person collaboration may be required.
We need someone to join our team of software developers to design, develop, test, and maintain software applications. You would be responsible for implementing new features and functionality within existing software systems, as well as developing entirely new features from the ground up.
You would be expected to have a strong grasp of software development concepts and technologies, and be able to contribute to the software development process from requirements gathering to final deployment. Intermediate software developers may also be responsible for troubleshooting and resolving technical issues that arise within the software applications they are working on.
- Collaborate with the team to design, develop, implement, and verify software applications
- Write clean, efficient, and well-documented code
- Conduct unit testing and debugging of software applications
- Conduct unit testing, integration testing, hardware-software integration testing and debugging
- Participate in code reviews and provide feedback to team members
- Stay up-to-date with emerging trends and technologies in software development
- Assist in the maintenance and support of existing software applications
- Conduct feasibility studies and trade-offs among hardware, software, and interfaces
- Provide support for hardware and software integration and troubleshooting at the target level
- Design and establish software verification and validation processes
- Support and facilitate software certification processes and reviews (SOI)
- Mentor and evaluate the work of junior software engineers
- Undertake additional duties as assigned by the Product Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in software development
- Familiarity with software development methodologies (e.g. Agile, Scrum)
- Experience with version control systems (e.g. Git)
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with web development frameworks (e.g. Angular)
- Experience with mobile development frameworks (e.g. Ionic)
- Familiarity with database management systems (e.g. MongoDB)
- Knowledge of cloud computing platforms (e.g. AWS)
What we offer
- Competitive compensation, generous benefits, and performance-based incentives
- Growth and opportunity. You’ll find yourself surrounded by mentors from all walks of life, each with a unique set of skills and experience that brought them here.
- Community. We like getting to know one another both in and out of the workplace, whether it’s collaborating in our virtual company meetings, connecting over donut dates or getting together in our offices or on the road.
- Job satisfaction. We don’t mean to brag, but people love working here.
- Work-life balance. With flexible working, and remote work, make anywhere your office.