March 28, 2023 Business Development Representative
Corfix is one of Canada’s fastest growing SaaS companies in the construction tech space, specializing in jobsite management with an emphasis on safety and compliance documentation and organizational efficiency, including timekeeping. Corfix is designed for companies of all sizes who are cognizant of the need to utilize new technologies in running their business as effectively and profitably as possible. Corfix is a mobile app used on the jobsite by construction workers to manage day-to-day tasks and provide high-level oversight.
At Corfix, we want to help you take your career to the next level. You’ll be part of a supportive and collaborative team working to create lifelong customers. You will be responsible for generating new business opportunities and driving revenue growth. You will work closely with the sales and marketing teams to identify and qualify leads, and develop relationships with potential clients.
We are an Ottawa-based company but this role is hybrid, allowing for some flexibility in work location. We do emphasize working from the office for our sales team, as it allows for everyone to benefit from the strong group dynamic, share experience, offer advice, and generally feed off each other’s energy.
This is a full-time position.
About the Role
As a Business Development Representative (BDR) you will generate prospective new business opportunities by following a proven process to prospect into construction industry accounts. You are motivated to identify and research lists of companies and contacts to target, and to develop and manage email and telephone campaigns to generate new business opportunities for the Account Executives.
- Learn and execute business development processes, including cold-calling and emailing to drive new business opportunities in the construction software market.
- Follow up with inbound leads to qualify and conduct initial discovery of their requirements.
- Undergo training and adhere to processes to build out the skill profile needed to develop your career.
- Strategize with Account Executives and the marketing team to support prospecting programs through direct targeted outreach.
- Leverage CRM (Salesforce, SalesLoft) tools to effectively prospect and organize leads.
- Prepare & deliver regular reports on leads and prospect status via Salesforce.
- 1-3 years of business development experience in a high-volume sales environment.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Professional demeanor.
- Exceptional desire to succeed and grow within an organization.
- Demonstrable confidence and sales pitching ability.
- Tenacious and competitive with a results-driven mentality.
- Experience in and unafraid of cold calling.
- Preference will be given to people with post-secondary education.
- Proficiency in standard MS-Office and G-Suite functions.
- Experience with outbound sales activities such as cold calling and email campaigns.
- Ability to identify and qualify leads and develop relationships with potential clients.
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales targets.
- Familiarity with CRM systems such as Salesforce or HubSpot.
What we offer
- Competitive compensation, generous benefits, and performance-based incentives
- Growth and opportunity. You’ll find yourself surrounded by mentors from all walks of life, each with a unique set of skills and experience that brought them here.
- Community. We like getting to know one another both in and out of the workplace, whether it’s collaborating in our virtual company meetings, connecting over donut dates or getting together in our offices or on the road.
- Job satisfaction. We don’t mean to brag, but people love working here.
- Work-life balance. With flexible working, and remote work, make anywhere your office.