Last Updated: October 2022
1. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
When you interact with us
When you visit our Website or App, make an account, requests our Services or contact us by email, by phone or via our online forms, you may choose to provide the following Personal Information:
• Contact Information, such as your name, email address, mailing address and phone number;
• Payment Information, such as credit card number and other billing information to process the payment;
• Account Information, such as your company name, business contact information, order information and account profile information and login credentials, as well as the contents of your correspondence with us;
• Location Information, via your use of the App on your device. You can remove the App’s access to your device location at any time by changing your privacy settings on your device, and you may also permit the App to only track your location at specific times by changing your privacy settings. Not enabling access to your device location may limit the features and functionality of the Services.
Information we collect automatically
Like many other websites, we use technologies to automatically collect technical data from visitors to our Website. In particular, we may send a small text file to your computer called a “cookie” that identifies your browser to our server when you visit various pages of the Website. Cookies are used to better serve you when you return to our Website, and in some cases, these allow our Website to function. Many web browsers automatically accept cookies, but as part of the privacy settings of your browser, you can usually choose to decline to accept certain cookies as well as prevent third-party websites from accessing our Cookies. Any cookie sent to your computer by us in connection with your use of the Website does not give us access to your computer or to any Personal Information. Please be aware that disabling your browser’s ability to collect cookies from Corfix may limit your ability to use all of the features provided on the Website.
We may automatically collect certain information, including device information, such as your IP address and other unique identifiers and device information, some usage information such as the browser type, time zone settings, language preferences, operating system, length of visit, pages viewed on the Website and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Website, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Website, and information about how you interact with the Website as this information helps us understand how you use the Website features and the content of the Website in order to make improvements and tailor the content to your preferences.
2. HOW WE MAY USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use this Personal Information for the following purposes:
• to process orders and fulfill the Services;
• to process payments for orders and for account management purposes;
• to contact you in regards to your orders and inquiries;
• to improve our Website and App, including by adding new features and functionalities and to provide you with a personalized experience;
• to allow you to visit and interact with the Website and the App, such as to send us inquiries;
• to identify you when you return to our Website or when you contact us;
• with your consent where required, to send you promotional communications such as special offers, marketing communications or other promotions;
• to conduct internal analyses and maintain appropriate records for internal administrative purposes, such as analyzing trends, usage, and activities of visitors and users of the Website and the App;
• to provide you with technical support;
• to detect, prevent or investigate security breaches or fraud;
• to protect our business, including to enforce rights or to comply with applicable laws; and
• for any other purposes to which you provided consent.
You may refuse to provide us with your Personal Information. However, some Personal Information is necessary to process and fulfill orders for our Services.
3. HOW WE MAY SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with:
• A buyer or a successor in the event of a merger, restructuring, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets; and
• to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, in accordance with applicable law, or when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, interests, property, or safety of Corfix, our customers, or others.
4. HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We protect your Personal Information with security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity and the quantity of information such as through the use of administrative, technical, physical and organizational safeguards. Administrative measures include contracts with our service providers, corporate policies and procedures and training for our employees on data protection. Physical measures include secure work areas, and technological measures include encryption, firewalls, anti-virus and system security monitoring. Organizational measures include the use of access controls to restrict access to Personal Information on a “need to know” basis for our employees, contractors and agents. We use these reasonable and appropriate security measures designed to help secure your Personal Information against unauthorized use, loss, access, modification, destruction or disclosure while it is in our custody or under our control.
We takes reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Information in our custody is accurate and up-to-date for the purposes for which the information was collected. While we rely on you to provide us with accurate Personal Information, we will make every reasonable effort to keep your Personal Information accurate and up to date, for the purposes for which the information was collected.
5. LOCATION AND RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Personal Information we collect is stored and processed on servers located in Canada and in the United States. Information stored in a foreign jurisdiction may be subject to the laws of general application of the foreign jurisdiction, including lawful access. If we transfer your Personal Information outside of your jurisdiction, we will take steps to ensure your information is adequately protected in accordance with applicable privacy laws.
We will keep your Personal Information for as long as it remains necessary for the identified purposes or as required by law, which may extend beyond the termination of our relationship with you. The time periods for which we retain your Personal Information depend on the purposes for which we collected it. We routinely destroy or anonymize Personal Information that is no longer required for the purpose for which it was collected, including for the purposes of processing the Services, or to meet any legal or reporting requirements.
6. YOUR RIGHTS
At any time, you may request information on the types of Personal Information Corfix has about you, what it is being used for, and with whom it has been shared. You may also request access to your Personal Information that is in our possession, subject to certain exceptions such as any information about another individual that cannot be severed, any information subject to solicitor-client privilege, or any information subject to legal restrictions that may prevent us from fulfilling your request. If you notice any inaccuracies or wish to update or complete any part of your Personal Information, you may request the correction or update of that information. When appropriate, the amended information will be transmitted to any third-parties having access to the Personal Information in question.
At any time, you may withdraw your consent to the collection, use, disclosure or any other form of processing of your Personal Information, subject to contractual or legal restrictions. Please note that if you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide you with a particular product or service. Corfix does not sell Personal Information, and does not discriminate against anyone who chooses to opt-out of data collection.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com. We will respond within 30 days. If we cannot accommodate a request, we will provide you with a justification.
7. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 18. None of our services are intended for use by children under the age of 18. If you believe we have collected information from your child in error or have questions or concerns about our practices relating to children, please notify us and we will promptly respond.
8. CONTACT US
If you have any questions, requests, or notices to provide to us regarding your Personal Information, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.